.
.

Day 11- Another picture of you and your friends


Yeah yeah, it says FRIENDS but he not only is he a boyfriend to me but he is my best friend in the male form! He has a few attitude problems that need major adjusting but who doesn't? Along with my girl Cathy, He has been there for me from Day 1! Since I met him, we made this instant connection as friends. He was the first one I told about my mother's relapse into cancer. I actually remember that day as if it were yesterday. The day we finally made it official, had been the same exact day we had learned about my mother's relapse. We went to the beach and we were just sitting around drinking a beer (yes, I know it's illegal but who hasn't done it?!?! lol) and he asked me to be his girlfriend (yeah pretty cliché but it was still nice!) After a few hours of just sitting around, he noticed that I wasn't as happy as I should have been. I finally broke down and told him what was going on. He just held me for hours because I just couldn't be strong anymore. I had been holding it in all day and I hadn't told a soul about my mom. True, I had just found out that day but it was still a lot to muster up alone.

From then on, he was never absent from my life. He was there with me at every hospital stay, he would visit everyday and take us food, take me out for a breath of air while our long hospital stays. He was just the backbone that I needed to be able to go through all the changes in my life. For that, and that alone, I owe him a lifetime of gratitude. If we were to not work out as a couple, I know that he will be my best friend forever because we established that wonderful friendship before hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment