.
.

Day 09- Something you’re proud of in the past few days

I have had a hard time the past few years. I haven't felt proud of myself in a very long time. As small as it may be, I feel proud that I finally registered to go back to school. I see so many of my high school peers achieve so many things and I can't help but feel proud of them. I do not envy them because I know they have worked hard for what they have achieved and I feel nothing but complete happiness for them. However, it all makes me feel like a failure. I see them achieve such greatness and I look at myself and I feel like I haven't achieved much at all. I finished half of my school but that's about it.

I can't say that I didn't finish because I settled down and formed a family or anything to show for not finishing. I just haven't finished and it isn't a great feeling to feel so down when you see everyone around you with such success. I do not give up hope though. I know that as long as it may take, I will get there. I will finish my school even if it takes me years! I have a lot on my plate right now but nothing that I can't handle. I'm proud that I have been able to become an adult successfully and will know how to survive on my own and now that I will soon be back in school to become successful education wise. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment