.
.

Life's Obstacle Course- If I Had Failed

A few days ago a friend mentioned having many problems and just wanting to run away. I can't even think of how many times I have thought or said that to myself. If I had listened to my complaints with life every time I had told myself "I'm done. I quit," I would not be here today. Life is an obstacle course. There will always be things, situations and even people that get in your way. My mother always told me "those obstacles are just tests. You don't have to say they are from God for I know how at times, you are skeptical but see it as tests of your own self endurance. You are being put to the test every minute of your life. The day you no longer pass the test, is the day you cease to exist." She was right and couldn't have put it any better way for me to understand.

Despite my short time on this earth, I have gone through many trips and tribulations in life. I assume all tests? I have always complained of one thing or another but I hardly, if ever, give up. The one time I did give up, I failed at ending all my troubles. Thus, meaning I had some purpose to fulfill. Many factors have contributed to who and how am I today. I'm glad to have gone through this much though not whole heartedly grateful. Not all experiences were great. Some were pretty darn awful actually. But had I not gone through it, I wouldn't have experienced the world through different eyes. I have seen sadness, illness, and death, amongst other things.

Now, if life had all been serene and perfect, I wouldn't have grown as a person. I wouldn't know how to survive on my own. Had my mom not been sick, I would not have known what it is to appreciate life. Had my father not left, I wouldn't have experienced looking up to a woman as a true manly figure. Had school not been put on hold, my life put on the line, or my mother passing away, I wouldn't have learned to grow not only mentally but emotionally. I wouldn't know what it is to care for someone as they cared for you for so many years. I wouldn't know the meaning of work and earning daily bread. I find myself to be ready for any turn, dip, fall and trip that life has to offer. As many say " I roll with the punches." Had life not been so hard on my mother, we would never know to appreciate all that life has to offer. She taught us how to appreciate everyone in our lives and to not judge for not once have we walked in another's shoes.

So every time you find yourself wanting to quit, think on all that you have been through. Is it really bad? Has life been really hard? If the answers to your questions are "YES" then be grateful! Be grateful that you got the chance to go through such things. Be grateful that you were put to the test! If it were not for those many hard situations, you wouldn't learn to deal with life period. So every time you think you have it hard, remind yourself that there are people that are worse off. Every time you think you want to give up, recount on all your experience and say to yourself "Wow! I need to stick around because I can't let all this go to waste!"

5 comments:

  1. Could that be in your talking about? Lol

    Your so right, life is an obstacle course. We have to go through so many things in life that may bring us down but in fact there only making us stronger as people. I do need a fix me up, that is why I tend to go out a lot so I can distract myself from all the drama & pain. I know I shouldn't run away from my problems but sometimes I just get so overwhelemd with everything that I just want to get up & go somewhere far away. Thanks so much for putting a smile on my face :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kat: No prob =) You know I'm here to listen...I don't run away from being a friend! Just smile and even if there are painful days, don't let it take over your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this was an eye opener... I MISS YA GIRLY! KIT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura: Glad you liked it! Hope you keep on reading and commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true! I'm glad our paths crossed.

    ReplyDelete