.
.

Day 29- In this past month, what have you learned

So many things happen to me on a daily basis that I've learned endless lessons this past year but for this month, I have learned a great deal. The main thing I have learned is how to keep my cool. I recognize that I am of strong character but it is one thing to be strong of character and another to be a straight bitch. Life is too short to be fighting and mad all the time.

I admit it! I have/had some of the bitchiest remarks to say. I was quick to respond and fight back when it wasn't even necessary. Any little thing would set my fuse off and I'd go off on who ever was telling me something that was not to my liking, even if it was for my own good. I just didn't want to hear it! The attitude would roll out and eventually, it hindered my relationship with that person.

Well, I'm done with ending relationships over the dumbest or smallest of things. I'm not saying that I'm an innocent person now but I do a lot less arguing but don't misunderstand what I'm trying to say. I fight less, yes I do but I don't let myself get walked all over either. I defend myself to the fullest because my one life defender isn't here to do it for me anymore. If I don't defend myself, no one will and I'm not going to be anyone's doormat. I'm not going to be anyone's anger outlet just because THEY are having a bad day.

Working with my brother has proved to be the hardest test in life! As it is, we have a very "special" love hate relationship. I love him, he hates me! lol Noo it's just inner turmoil and issues that were never resolved that always resurface in any situation (for him.) He has a very negative attitude but doesn't admit to it. Admitting things is always the first step to recovery but he refuses to admit that he has a problem. I have problems but I'm working on it with him being my main aggressor. He yells and says inappropriate things to me. Sure, I get very upset but I just hear him out, I defend myself if there is a need (in a calm manner) and move on. Life is too short to be mad at each other all the time when we are all we have!

No comments:

Post a Comment